Skip to main content

Weight-Loss Challange: Week FIVE Update

Yes I know I am late on my weigh-in. Sorry about that. Last week was crazy!! So crazy I never got a chance to sit down and blog about the weight-loss challenge.
 I also had a hectic and stressful weekend full of not good things but somehow I managed to refrain from using food as comfort as much as I normally would. The only down side to this is that it means I actually stopped doing the million things I had on my list, climbed in bed, cried a little then slept. But you know what, today I feel great! It’s okay to let our feelings out from time to time. I am so guilty of always trying to put on a happy face and not letting anything phase me.  The truth is sometimes I just push stuff aside instead of dealing with it. Then I start worrying on the inside or start stress eating.  I am starting to think this is worse than just letting myself get a little sad or upset from time to time. I quickly get over it anyways and am back to the happy fun Jenny I like to be in no time.
I am back to walking regularly and hope to be jogging next week. I miss jogging!! I also stopped and spent time with the kids a little more this week. This was a much better way to lift my mood than driving to McDonalds. It ACTUALLY made me happier!!
 I am PROUD to say I lost 2.8 pounds since my weigh-in Friday 5th. That means I lost what I gained (1.6 lbs) and then some for a total weight loss of 8.6 lbs to date!! I am glad I decided to hang in there. I will have good weeks and bad weeks but by the end of this challenge I will have some new habits I will be able to hang on to for a lifetime!!
Here is one of my new favorite quick breakfast recipes  
1 cup chocolate soy milk
2 scoops protein shake (I used visalus products)
3 ice cubes
½ tsp of vanilla extract


This weeks goal:

Take things, "One thing at a time"

Yes I know this is kind of lame, but I need to slow down this week. In an effort to keep myself from getting overwhelmed again I will use this mantra or motto all week long.

This week is about balancing my stress, feelings, homelife and workload while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Check in with the ladies in Journey to Milfhoods Weight-loss challange:
Alexis
http://journey2milfhood.blogspot.com/
Megan
http://laviemeganfrance.blogspot.com/
Hilary
http://sweepingmama.blogspot.com/

These Lovley Ladies keep me motivated and it is a pleasure to be doing this challenge with them.

I also have a new virtual weight-loss buddy who is an avid garage saler like me :) Yay.
http://brownsistacrista.blogspot.com/


P.S. Even though I gained weight last week I was able to fit in these jeans the day after I did my weigh-in. I have not been able to wear these jeans since before summer!! 

Yes, I know I still have a big tummy but the jeans fit.
That's a start!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Challenge: Week EIGHT UPDATE

For the third week in a row I have maintained my 9 pound weight-loss . This would be great if I only wanted to lose 9 pounds. The good thing here is that my daily activity and food intake are good enough to balance and maintain any additional weight-loss which means I have established some good habits. I am keeping my calories at a reasonable amount and my intake though out the day is pretty balanced. Here are some of my typical breakfast recipes . Natures Path Organic Instant oatmeal with 1 tsp. Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa= 254 Calories I was not too hungry this morning and when I wanted to eat more a few hours later I had a banana. You could easily add fruit, milk or juice to beef up this breakfast. Shakes and smoothies are a staple in my diet. They are yummy and quick!!! Here are two different recipes I use regularly: 1 cup of Almond Milk 2 scoops Visalus Shake mix (I think any protein powder will do) 1/4 cup Mixed berries (sometimes I do as much...

Weight-Loss Challange: Week TWO update

This week has been rough so I am going to get straight to the point. Here it is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good: I DID NOT gain weight. I pulled myself together for just enough days this week that I was able to keep off the weight I lost last week. In fact, I lost .6 pounds. I am pretty proud of this because it was a tough week for me. Here is a lunch I packed on one of my good days. The Bad: I logged NO physical activity this week. I also went over my calories on Friday and BIG TIME on Saturday. Saturday I had a baby shower and I totally pigged out on chow mien, drank two cups of yummy ice cream & soda filled punch and still let myself have a cupcake. I went over my calorie intake by 750 that day. It was hard to recover from these two bad days. I felt yucky physically and was mad at myself for being such an oinker. How could I do so awesome the first week then totally blow it? Ughhhhh. The Ugly: I have been stressed out all week. I am counting every nickel and...

An awesome first day of school, FINALLY

This morning was amazing. When I woke up at 6:15 am the shower in the first bathroom was already running. I could hear the sound of water dripping and teeth being brushed in the other bathroom. Chris emerged from the bathroom already dressed his cloths matched and everything. I made breakfast while my other son got himself dressed and ready for the day. This may not seem like a big deal to you but I remember a time when it was just me in the morning literally dragging my little boys into the shower, nagging them to brush their teeth (sometimes pinning them down) and arguing with them about their cloths. You try convincing a 5 year old that while that florescent stripped shirt his Grandma gave him may be his favorite shirt EVER he can't wear it to school. Weather your kids like school are not, the first day can be really stressful for any parent. It can be just a little bit harder when you are the only one trying to do everything. If your still feeling a little over...