Skip to main content

Mooooom Stop Your Embarrassing Me

Last week I was on top of the world when I learned that teens said Dads were more embarrassing than Moms were. Well, my bubble quickly burst when my sons found out about my bragging.

Apparently, I am still pretty dang embarrassing. Here are the top five reasons I am still very embarrassing according to my sons (well one of them anyways) in no particular order and in their (his) own words. 

1.      You dance horribly and out of nowhere
2.      You sing off key and CONSTANTLY
3.      You treat me like a child and I am 14!
4.      You love me WAY too much & say lots of lovey dovey stuff
5.      Sometimes, you talk too much

Of course I asked them both if there was anything I could change to be a little less embarrassing. The response was, "Nope, cus then you wouldn't be you and you’re pretty cool!" and "You're not really that embarrasing."

My sons are cool too! I know I embarrass them way more than they would like to admit. I am pretty sure they don't want to hurt my feelings. I embarrass my self, so how can I not embarrass them. Luckily they never hold any grudges against me and are pretty quick to just laugh it off. 

Here is my list of things I have done or do that I think may embarrass my boys.

1.      Volunteer in their classes (I am one of the few parent's that steps on the high school campus)
2.      Go on field trips (again, who else wants to hang with a bunch of hormonal teens)
3.      Pick them up from school bumping "Tupac" or "Prince"
4.      Go with them to rated R movies (if they are going to see it they are going to see it with me and be uncomfortable!)
5.      I  get bad or "teenager's" hair cut
6.      I wear thongs
7.      I spill food on myself when we go out to eat
8.      I ask too many questions about my food when we go out to eat
9.      I trip on stuff a lot
10.  I say, "Oh she's cute" "Don't you think she's cute?" (my ex husband never liked that either)
11.  I use 90's slang way too much. What? Really? Get over it home skillet. I know I am all that and a bag of chips so just chill!

At what age do you think kids stop seeing us as perfect and start to get a little embarrassed of their mommies?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Challenge: Week EIGHT UPDATE

For the third week in a row I have maintained my 9 pound weight-loss . This would be great if I only wanted to lose 9 pounds. The good thing here is that my daily activity and food intake are good enough to balance and maintain any additional weight-loss which means I have established some good habits. I am keeping my calories at a reasonable amount and my intake though out the day is pretty balanced. Here are some of my typical breakfast recipes . Natures Path Organic Instant oatmeal with 1 tsp. Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa= 254 Calories I was not too hungry this morning and when I wanted to eat more a few hours later I had a banana. You could easily add fruit, milk or juice to beef up this breakfast. Shakes and smoothies are a staple in my diet. They are yummy and quick!!! Here are two different recipes I use regularly: 1 cup of Almond Milk 2 scoops Visalus Shake mix (I think any protein powder will do) 1/4 cup Mixed berries (sometimes I do as much...

Weight-Loss Challange: Week TWO update

This week has been rough so I am going to get straight to the point. Here it is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good: I DID NOT gain weight. I pulled myself together for just enough days this week that I was able to keep off the weight I lost last week. In fact, I lost .6 pounds. I am pretty proud of this because it was a tough week for me. Here is a lunch I packed on one of my good days. The Bad: I logged NO physical activity this week. I also went over my calories on Friday and BIG TIME on Saturday. Saturday I had a baby shower and I totally pigged out on chow mien, drank two cups of yummy ice cream & soda filled punch and still let myself have a cupcake. I went over my calorie intake by 750 that day. It was hard to recover from these two bad days. I felt yucky physically and was mad at myself for being such an oinker. How could I do so awesome the first week then totally blow it? Ughhhhh. The Ugly: I have been stressed out all week. I am counting every nickel and...

An awesome first day of school, FINALLY

This morning was amazing. When I woke up at 6:15 am the shower in the first bathroom was already running. I could hear the sound of water dripping and teeth being brushed in the other bathroom. Chris emerged from the bathroom already dressed his cloths matched and everything. I made breakfast while my other son got himself dressed and ready for the day. This may not seem like a big deal to you but I remember a time when it was just me in the morning literally dragging my little boys into the shower, nagging them to brush their teeth (sometimes pinning them down) and arguing with them about their cloths. You try convincing a 5 year old that while that florescent stripped shirt his Grandma gave him may be his favorite shirt EVER he can't wear it to school. Weather your kids like school are not, the first day can be really stressful for any parent. It can be just a little bit harder when you are the only one trying to do everything. If your still feeling a little over...