Skip to main content

My Fall Wardrobe Challange

As the summer ends and fall approaches I can’t help but want a whole new wardrobe. I am not a very materialistic person. My style is very casual, sometimes sexy, and always simple but I still like to buy new cloths every September. With two teenage boys however, the thought of purchasing new work and weekend cloths for me is very stressful. They are still growing rapidly and I have learned that when your kids are dressed nice, teachers treat them better. Also appearance is very important to teens and I want my sons to look great and feel good about themselves at school. As those of you whom have boys know, they tear through shoes and pants quickly and a couple nights of great sleep can result in overnight increases in height. And while my oldest son LOVES to hang on to and continue to wear his favorite tees, I am not in love with the idea of my teenage son wearing crop tops! So while I would love to go out and buy some great NEW fall pieces, I must set aside as much money as I can for my sons.
All of this “wanting” leaves me with a great Idea! I have wanted to be greener for a while. I also want to save some money but still want to love the cloths I wear, look professional at work and HOT on the weekends. So I have decided to do a 45 day Fall Wardrobe Challenge. Here’s the plan:
1)      USE EXSITING CLOTHS-Repair, Reuse or Repurpose what I have
2)      Buy ONLY shoes new NO CLOTHS (I need shoes and I don’t want to get those second hand)
3)      Materials needed to repair and update cloths, such as new zippers & buttons, CAN be purchased
4)      Make cloths out of used material found, donated or purchased at garage sales
5)      Swap cloths with my Friends!!!
This is all I can think of at the moment. I will create a limit for myself on the garage sale purchases and material expenses. During my 45 day challenge I will keep track of the cost of each project and purchase. I will start on September 1, 2011.
There is one more MAJOR step I will take and that is to drop 10-15lbs so I can fit into the BOXES of unused cloths is my garage. That’s two more huge boxes of cloths to have some fun with!!!
This post is mainly for me because if I write it and post it, I have to follow through. But if anyone else wants to join me - Comment below. PLEASE DO, I THINK THIS WILL BE VERY FUN!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Challenge: Week EIGHT UPDATE

For the third week in a row I have maintained my 9 pound weight-loss . This would be great if I only wanted to lose 9 pounds. The good thing here is that my daily activity and food intake are good enough to balance and maintain any additional weight-loss which means I have established some good habits. I am keeping my calories at a reasonable amount and my intake though out the day is pretty balanced. Here are some of my typical breakfast recipes . Natures Path Organic Instant oatmeal with 1 tsp. Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa= 254 Calories I was not too hungry this morning and when I wanted to eat more a few hours later I had a banana. You could easily add fruit, milk or juice to beef up this breakfast. Shakes and smoothies are a staple in my diet. They are yummy and quick!!! Here are two different recipes I use regularly: 1 cup of Almond Milk 2 scoops Visalus Shake mix (I think any protein powder will do) 1/4 cup Mixed berries (sometimes I do as much...

An awesome first day of school, FINALLY

This morning was amazing. When I woke up at 6:15 am the shower in the first bathroom was already running. I could hear the sound of water dripping and teeth being brushed in the other bathroom. Chris emerged from the bathroom already dressed his cloths matched and everything. I made breakfast while my other son got himself dressed and ready for the day. This may not seem like a big deal to you but I remember a time when it was just me in the morning literally dragging my little boys into the shower, nagging them to brush their teeth (sometimes pinning them down) and arguing with them about their cloths. You try convincing a 5 year old that while that florescent stripped shirt his Grandma gave him may be his favorite shirt EVER he can't wear it to school. Weather your kids like school are not, the first day can be really stressful for any parent. It can be just a little bit harder when you are the only one trying to do everything. If your still feeling a little over...

Weight-Loss Challange: Week TWO update

This week has been rough so I am going to get straight to the point. Here it is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good: I DID NOT gain weight. I pulled myself together for just enough days this week that I was able to keep off the weight I lost last week. In fact, I lost .6 pounds. I am pretty proud of this because it was a tough week for me. Here is a lunch I packed on one of my good days. The Bad: I logged NO physical activity this week. I also went over my calories on Friday and BIG TIME on Saturday. Saturday I had a baby shower and I totally pigged out on chow mien, drank two cups of yummy ice cream & soda filled punch and still let myself have a cupcake. I went over my calorie intake by 750 that day. It was hard to recover from these two bad days. I felt yucky physically and was mad at myself for being such an oinker. How could I do so awesome the first week then totally blow it? Ughhhhh. The Ugly: I have been stressed out all week. I am counting every nickel and...