Skip to main content

Weight-loss Challenge: Week FOUR Update

Week four is over. It was bitter sweet! I meet my three goals for the week. I am finally drinking 8 cups of water each day, I did more than 180 minutes of activity for the week and I am consistently keeping track of why I eat and how I feel.
Despite all this good behavior, I gained 1.6 pounds. I am very disappointed. Normally at this point in my weight loss efforts I would say, “Screw it!! What’s the point? I am done!” Not this time. I made a committment to do this challenge until Christmas and I have people watching me. So I will press on.
The good news is I still weigh less than I did when I started. I also feel great. I have been getting a lot of compliments on how healthy I look and a few people have noticed that I have shed a few pounds even though I don’t see it.
I have read that being fully hydrated is an essential part of your weight-loss efforts but it may result in the scale going up a bit. Also building muscle may result in a leaner looking body but you may not see the scale go down every week. I will assume my weight gain is due to such positive changes no matter how un-likely this is.  You should see some of my daily logs J
We can’t eat perfectly every day. We also can’t expect to change EVERY bad habit over night. It will take time. Each week I get better at balancing my diet and that is really important to me.
Here are two of my favorite meals from this week
                               Favorite Meal #1   BEFORE
Flatout bread, montery jack cheese, spagetti sauce (very little), tomatoes and mushrooms.

                               After: 250 calories of YUMMM!

                               Favorite Meal #2:  Breakfast for Dinner
Homemade belian waffle, 1/4 cup syrup 1/2 cup frozen berry mix heated & mixed with syrup= 295 Calories
My week FOUR goals:
1.       Find 5 ways to deal with stress that don’t include food
2.       Log 200 minutes of activity
3.       Stay at or under my calorie goal EVERYDAY

Comments

  1. The Pizza looks good! I also do a weigh-in on my Blog once a week. Maybe we can motivate each other?

    http://brownsistacrista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sounds great! I will hop on over to your blog and check it out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Challenge: Week EIGHT UPDATE

For the third week in a row I have maintained my 9 pound weight-loss . This would be great if I only wanted to lose 9 pounds. The good thing here is that my daily activity and food intake are good enough to balance and maintain any additional weight-loss which means I have established some good habits. I am keeping my calories at a reasonable amount and my intake though out the day is pretty balanced. Here are some of my typical breakfast recipes . Natures Path Organic Instant oatmeal with 1 tsp. Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa= 254 Calories I was not too hungry this morning and when I wanted to eat more a few hours later I had a banana. You could easily add fruit, milk or juice to beef up this breakfast. Shakes and smoothies are a staple in my diet. They are yummy and quick!!! Here are two different recipes I use regularly: 1 cup of Almond Milk 2 scoops Visalus Shake mix (I think any protein powder will do) 1/4 cup Mixed berries (sometimes I do as much...

An awesome first day of school, FINALLY

This morning was amazing. When I woke up at 6:15 am the shower in the first bathroom was already running. I could hear the sound of water dripping and teeth being brushed in the other bathroom. Chris emerged from the bathroom already dressed his cloths matched and everything. I made breakfast while my other son got himself dressed and ready for the day. This may not seem like a big deal to you but I remember a time when it was just me in the morning literally dragging my little boys into the shower, nagging them to brush their teeth (sometimes pinning them down) and arguing with them about their cloths. You try convincing a 5 year old that while that florescent stripped shirt his Grandma gave him may be his favorite shirt EVER he can't wear it to school. Weather your kids like school are not, the first day can be really stressful for any parent. It can be just a little bit harder when you are the only one trying to do everything. If your still feeling a little over...

Weight-Loss Challange: Week TWO update

This week has been rough so I am going to get straight to the point. Here it is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good: I DID NOT gain weight. I pulled myself together for just enough days this week that I was able to keep off the weight I lost last week. In fact, I lost .6 pounds. I am pretty proud of this because it was a tough week for me. Here is a lunch I packed on one of my good days. The Bad: I logged NO physical activity this week. I also went over my calories on Friday and BIG TIME on Saturday. Saturday I had a baby shower and I totally pigged out on chow mien, drank two cups of yummy ice cream & soda filled punch and still let myself have a cupcake. I went over my calorie intake by 750 that day. It was hard to recover from these two bad days. I felt yucky physically and was mad at myself for being such an oinker. How could I do so awesome the first week then totally blow it? Ughhhhh. The Ugly: I have been stressed out all week. I am counting every nickel and...